The effect of the credit crisis upon maritime contracts.
This is a scenario-based event in which consideration will be given to the present uncertainty in the market about the legal position with regard to withdrawals from contracts or inability to perform due to credit difficulties.
Key issues to be discussed:
· Withdrawal of a buyer from an MOA;
· Cancellation of a shipbuilding contract;
· Default in payment of freight or hire in a chain of charter parties with no identical provisions as to lien on cargo;
· Issues arising from the “Breman Max” litigation;
· Contractual or any other legal protection, if any, the other party would have in consequence of withdrawal, cancellation or default.
Members: Download full transcript here