• Who needs it and who is covered? For what risks?
• English court decisions
• Possible contractual pitfalls
• Solutions and market position
• What are the reasonable expectations an insured can have of his liability insurer?
• Ship management: too much maintenance to do and too little income to do it with; how can the gap be bridged?
• the changing face of litigation against intermediaries both in respect of claims brought under the traditional heading of breach of duty and in respect of claims which might arise under the increasing regulatory regimes
• the move to transfer responsibility to the intermediary for the failure of the commercial bargain between the parties for whom the intermediaries were acting.
Professional Indemnity Insurance in the Maritime Industry