Key issues to be discussed:
· What are the funding options for litigants (CFAs, After the Event insurance and Third Party Funding)?
· Champerty and maintenance – is it consigned to history?
· What have been the legal and policy developments in funding?
· What are the liabilities of third parties who fund litigation?
· Who are the funders in the market and what are their criteria for funding
· How do funders carry out their risk assessment before they decide to fund a case?
· What should those representing clients seeking funding of any type be watching out for?
· Are funders regulated and if so in what way?
· What impact has the current economic crisis had on litigation funders?
Members: Download full transcript here