log in to access lecture notes
A great day outing to learn about the varied activities of port life. Commentary will be provided.
* Results oriented leader with a clear record of performance in the development of an international shipowners association and in new business development and growth oriented asset management;
* Strong international connections with regulatory and rule making bodies in the maritime sector with particular regard to the IMO and the International Association of Classification Societies;
* Extensive commercial shipping experience in the operation of LPG Carriers, Product, Parcel & Crude Oil Tankers, Bulk Carriers, Combos, Refrigerated and Container vessels and managing the interests of Charterers in the deep sea movement of bulk cargoes, reefer cargoes and containers;
INTERCARGO (International Association of Dry Cargo Shipowners) 1999 - 2009
* Consultant Director under one year contract from October 2008 to October 2009, to provide advice to the Chairman, Management Committee and Secretariat.
* From June 1999 to October 2008, Secretary General of the Association reported directly to the Chairman and Management Committee on all dry bulk carrier matters including safety and environmental issues;
* Direct involvement with regulatory and rule making development (NGO status) at the International Maritime Organisation and with the International Association of Classification Societies;
* Provided the necessary expertise to rejuvenate and transform the Association into a thriving and debt free organisation and enhance its standing as the voice for dry bulk carrier owners internationally on quality, safety and environmental issues.
HOLT MARITIME LTD 1997 – Present
* Established own company to act as a maritime consultant in commercial and ship operating matters;
* Retained by Arthur D. Little to assist with the reorganisation of MISC in Kuala Lumpur and subsequently retained to act for MISC on specific business;
* Provided the Shipmanagement expertise to complete the financing of a major LNG project in Spain.
1989-97: Managing Director of 3 UK companies – Arbross UK Ltd, OMI UK Ltd, UB Shipping Ltd.
1971-88: Various appointments in commercial and managerial roles with shipping companies including that of chartering manager for a trading company and Baltic Exchange experience.
* Senior Executive Programme, Bradford Business School
* B.Sc. (Hons) Nautical Science, Southampton University.
* Navigating Officer with P&O, School of Navigation and St Bartholomew’s Grammar School.
* Regular speaker at international conferences and institutions;
* Visiting Professor at Dalian Maritime University, China
* Director and Trustee of the maritime charity: The Maritime Industry Foundation
* Director of the London Shipping Law Centre
* Nominated as a Sea Ambassador to assist in promoting maritime careers to young people
Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Shipwrights;
Papercourt Sailing Club;
The Oriental Club;
Pyford Golf Club