log in to access lecture notes
Can Electronic Data provide conclusive evidence in investigations?
Issues for discussion
• Brief description of what is AIS / VDR and ECDIS;
• What regulations do ship owners have to comply with: SOLAS, ISM;
• How the equipment is used on board;
• What are their individual equipment limitations;
• How data can be downloaded and stored.
• Why AIS / VDR and ECDIS are useful in determining the causative elements of an incident;
• What powers of inspection and collection do Inspectors and Surveyors have;
• How evidence might be used by the different bodies (prosecution/prevention);
• Show 4 case studies to present showing how data was used for investigations etc.
1. Showing VDR & Video
2. AIS data and ECDIS
4. AIS data only
Jeremy Russell QC – Quadrant Chambers
Captain Stephen Angove, Clyde & Co.
Clyde & Co.
6.00pm - 8.00pm
This event is accredited for 2 CPD points